Six Favourite Podcasts to Listen To While Making Art

 I'm a podcast junkie. I learn so much from listening to them, radio and television just don't cute it for me anymore. Podcasts are fun, interesting and make you feel productive while listening to them. I have a wide range of topics that I listen to. From podcasts about plants to history to health.

Podcasts are soothing yet keep my mind engaged. Having a familiar voice talking in the background feels like you are not completely alone in your studio or room or wherever you create. Plus, as I mentioned, they keep your mind engaged and constantly learning which helps with brain health and longevity.

 Here are my 6 favourites that I highly recommend. 

1) Dan Carlin Hardcore History - Hands down the most fascinating podcast I have ever listened to. Dan Carlin's theatre of the mind approach to his historical storytelling is at once chilling, thrilling, fascinating and addictive. I can easily listen to one of his 3 hour episodes in one sitting. Run don't walk to get this one!

2) Malcolm Gladwell Interviews: Malcolm can talk about cardboard for an hour and it would still be interesting. Such a clever and great mind, he is. 

3) Bloom and Grow Radio - All about plants, how to take care of them to how they heal us to how the detoxify the air in your home. It's really a fun and informative podcast for the plant lover. Guests include professional botanists, myriad of scientists, plant stylists and plant enthusiasts or "parents" as they refer to them. This podcast is great fun and eye opening, if you are a plant person which I am.

4) History on Fire - Daniele Bolelli is a podcaster and history university professor from Italy. Also a fascinating history podcast. From ancient Rome to Joan of Arc. Simply great and riveting story telling.

5) Rich Roll Podcast - One of my favourite health focused podcasts. Rich Roll interviews the top doctors, scientists, writers, athletes and fitness freaks. Another long form podcast, so intelligent and informative. I learn a lot about the latest science and health breakthroughs. Roll himself is a former high powered lawyer and alcoholic turned ultra marathon runner. Started running ultra marathons in his 40's no less! Great interviews. It's the thinking person's health podcast.

6) Align Podcast - Hosted by Aaron Alexander, this is another "thinking person's" health and fitness podcast. Aaron is so charming and really has great wit, I often find myself laughing out loud. He also interviews the experts on the cutting edge of health and fitness. This is a substance over style podcast. I always learn so much from this podcast.

To check out my etsy shop : https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/BotanicalArtByGio






Comments

Popular Posts